The Office of Marketing and Communications is located on the second floor of Francis Hall on the East End of campus. During the academic year, our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Summer hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Students from both the gifted certification and the gifted/special education certification programs showcased their work during a poster session at Hilbert's Paczesny Hall.
“The students have been working on their research for the past six months, working with local schools, agencies, families and children to collect data to help them address their research questions,” said Dr. René Hauser, director of SBU’s differentiated instruction programs.
The student researchers and their topics were (click on the topic to see a reseach summary):
• Elizabeth Jankowiak: Sexuality and young adults with ASD
• Jamie Szymanski: Interactive notebooks
• Sarah O’Brocta: Rewards systems and motivation
• Rebecca Kasprzyk: The importance of play in preschool
• Pamela Kawalerski: The importance of play in preschool
• Amy Holland: Early intervention and children with autism
• Amy Danler: Self study of differentiating instruction in co-teaching
• Brandon Bernard: Addressing disproportionality
• Raquel Bursee: Teachers perceptions of inclusive education
• Amy Zimmermann: Siblings of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Siblings of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders were interviewed about their social experiences in their homes and the community and about coping skills used in these situations. Siblings had both positive and negative experiences, but felt more positive about social experiences in their homes. This may be due to the greater number of coping strategies used at home as opposed to in the community.
St. Bonaventure has offered graduate programs in business, differentiated instruction, educational leadership, counseling, literacy, and integrated marketing communications at its Buffalo Center for more than 20 years.
About the University: The nation’s first Franciscan university, we believe in the goodness of every person and in the ability of every person to do extraordinary things. St. Bonaventure University cultivates graduates who are confident and creative communicators, collaborative leaders and team members, and innovative problem solvers who are respectful of themselves, others, and the diverse world around them. Named the #5 best college value in the North by U.S. News and World Report, we are establishing pathways to internships, graduate schools and careers in the context of our renowned liberal arts tradition. Our students are becoming extraordinary.
Application forms, procedures and additional information
There are many ways to experience
St. Bonaventure for yourself
Learn more about the programs that interest you