Users who are using any type of computing device while on campus and connected to the campus network should not see any log-in prompts.
If you are off-campus, you will be prompted to log-in when you attempt to connect to a database.
- Your login is your SBU user name (without the @bonaventure or @sbu part).
- Your password is your last name.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble logging in. We can test your login, and provide you with a temporary login if necessary. If you are having a problem accessing our resources, we will keep working on the problem with you until it is resolved.
Noodletools login? Use the individual account that you set up with Noodletools. Once per year, if you primarily use the account from off-campus, you will be asked to authenticate to the SBU library account. This is a different login/password than the account you used to set up the service. If you do not remember the library authentication information, please e-mail email@example.com and the information can be e-mailed to you.
- The SBU Integrated Search service does not work from off-campus. Please use the individual databases
- If you are using an EBSCOHost database and receive an error message that says "A System Problem has Occurred To begin a new session, please login again," please try (a) clearing your cache by using Tools, Internet Options, Delete Browsing History, or (b) use a different browser. This problem is usually seen in Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 computers. We recommend Google Chrome or Firefox.