Benjamin Gross, Ph.D.
School of Arts and Sciences
Visiting Assistant Professor
Plassmann Hall, Room A-4
Phone: (716) 375-2265
- Ph.D., Sociology, Michigan State University, 2010
- BBA, Economics, Eastern Michigan University, 1996
Media & society, social psychology, political sociology, statistics & methodology
Current Research Manuscripts:
- “Color Coding Politics: How Red States and Blue States Surface within U.S. Newspapers”
- “What Makes Someone a Cyber Balkan? Finding the Linkages between Social Psychology and Self-Selectivity in U.S. Politics Online.”
- “Political News Sources on the Internet: Similarities and Differences during the U.S. Presidential Election of 2008.”
Presentations at Conferences:
- “TV News Media Effects and Audience Attitudes Regarding Poverty,” presented at the Michigan Sociological Association (MSA) Annual Conference (Mt. Pleasant, MI), October 3, 2006.