- A Nation in Sight: Book Illustration and Early American Literature (book manuscript in progress)
- Frank J. Webb’s The Garies and Their Friends. Co-edited with William Huntting Howell. Calgary: Broadview Press, 2014. (forthcoming)
- “Wieland, Illustrated: Word and Image in the Early American Novel.” Literature in the Early American Republic 6 (May 2014). (forthcoming)
- “The Science of Discernment in Early America.” The Eighteenth Century: Theory and Interpretation 54.3 (Fall 2013). (forthcoming)
- “Diagram of a Fugitive Slave Narrative.” Common-Place 13.3 (April 2013). (forthcoming)
- “Benjamin Franklin’s Material Cultures.” A Companion to Benjamin Franklin. Ed. David Waldstreicher. Oxford: Blackwell Publishing, 2011. 412-29.
- “The Politics of Vision: Charles Willson Peale in Print.” Early American Literature 46.1 (2011): 69-92.
- “Picturing Benjamin Franklin in the Classroom: Teaching Early American Literature with Digital Archives.” Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice 5.1 (2011): 1-11.
Selected Awards, Grants, and Fellowships:
- Society for Historians of the Early American Republic Fellowship, Library Company of Philadelphia and Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 2011
- American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies/Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellowship, Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas at Austin, 2011
- Monticello Research Fellowship, Robert H. Smith International Center for Jefferson Studies at Monticello and the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson Foundation, 2010
- Robert M. & Annetta J. Coffelt Fellowship at the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Library, Colonial Williamsburg Foundation, 2009
- Research Associate, McNeil Center for Early American Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, 2009–2010
- Winterthur Research Fellowship, Winterthur Museum, Library, and Country Estate, 2009
- MCEAS Dissertation Fellowship, McNeil Center for Early American Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, 2008–2009
- Smithsonian Institution Graduate Fellowship, Smithsonian Institution American Art Museum and National Portrait Gallery, 2006–2007
- Course Enhancement Grant for English 550: Colonial and U.S. Literature to 1830, The Ohio State University Libraries, Columbus, OH, 2010–2011