John is an organizational development, training and human resources consultant. In addition to his position at St. Bonaventure University he owns and operates JB Stevens Organizational Solutions.
John has over 30 years of experience in positions involving organizational development, administration, human resources, communications and public relations. He provides services to meet the performance needs of business, industry, organizations, and nonprofit agencies.
His career includes:
- VP for Human Resources at a 500+ employee non-profit institution
- Director of the Achievement Center for Continuous Learning at St. Bonaventure University
- Manager of Training and Employee Development at the CUTCO Cutlery Division of Alcas Corporation, the leading manufacturer of household cutlery in North America
- Training Manager for AVX Corporation in Olean, NY (maker of ceramic capacitors
used in the electronics industry)
- Training Specialist for Dresser-Rand Corporation, Olean, NY, a multi-national
manufacturer of compressors and turbines used in the gas transmission industry
He is a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and is a Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) - the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).
John is a past president of the Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce. Her serves on the Cattaraugus-Allegany County Workforce Investment Board, and is president of the Leadership Cattaraugus program.
He is certified to deliver training in problem-solving and decision-making, performance appraisal, coaching skills, and the AchieveGlobal library of Management courses. He has presented/delivered training programs to agencies throughout the Western New York and Northwestern Pennsylvania area.
He has taught continuing education and/or college courses at Cornell University, Jamestown Community College, University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, and Penn State University.
He is published monthly, writing a business column for the Olean Times Herald, a daily newspaper. He has been instrumental in helping Olean-area schools develop partnerships in education with business, industry and non-profit organizations.