For every dollar donated to The Bonaventure Fund, 37 cents is directly routed to Student Scholarship efforts. Approximately 95% of SBU students receive financial assistance. Gifts toward student scholarships ensure that deserving students have the opportunity to achieve the education of their dreams - a Bonaventure education.
So much depends on you
Here's why every donated dollar is critical to current and future students of St. Bonaventure University:
- More than 1,860 scholarships, grants, or financial assistance packages were distributed to St. Bonaventure students in 2011.
- Of the $25 million awarded in scholarships and grants, $743,000 came from the Bonaventure Fund.
- Approximately 95% of the undergraduate students attending St. Bonaventure receive financial assistance.
- 440 graduates in 2012 felt the impact of your giving as they were recipients of aid to attend SBU.
What sets St. Bonaventure apart?
- Becoming Extraordinary 2015, the university's strategic plan, positions us to establish pathways to internships, graduate school, and careers for students in every academic major - all in the context of a solid liberal arts environment.
- Our Career and Professional Readiness Center's comprehensive and innovative programs ensure that each student is exceptionally well prepared to make a successful transition to graduate school or their first job.
- Ninety percent of St. Bonaventure graduates are employed or move on to graduate school within six months of graduation.
- Bonaventure graduates are leading some of the world's largest and most well-known businesses and schools; they're also working for every major broadcast network.
- St. Bonaventure's graduation rate is one of the best in Western New York.
- U.S. News & World Report's annual listing of "Best Colleges" includes St. Bonaventure among the best colleges and universities in the North Region.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE);
- The School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSBa);
- The School of Journalism and Mass Communication is pursuing accreditation by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC);
- The university's regional accreditation is with the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- All first-year students read the annual All Bonaventure Reads text, the cornerstone of the University 101 course. The selection for the Class of 2016 is Neil White's "In the Sanctuary of Outcasts."
- St. Bonaventure students benefit from a robust residential living environment, service programs, enriching co-curricular and spiritual activities, a very popular intramural sports program, and NCAA Division I athletics in the Atlantic 10 conference.
- More than 75 percent of undergraduates live on campus (97% of the freshman class) and all students who wish to live on campus can for their entire four years of enrollment.
What does your dollar do?
Meet biology major Jim Gilfert
Jim Gilfert, from Wellsville, N.Y., is participating in the SBU/SUNY Upstate Medical University Dual Admission/Dual Degree Program, part of the Franciscan Health Care Professions program at St. Bonaventure University.
"St. Bonaventure made the dual-degree process simple and affordable. The donations of kind people, such as you, allow me the freedom to participate in extracurricular activities and become more well rounded.
"Without your aid, my time would be spent working a full-time job to save for medical school. I am grateful for the privileges The Bonaventure Fund has granted me.
"Your generosity will continue to have a major impact on the rest of my life."
-Jim Gilfert, '15
So much depends on YOU
Your support of The Bonaventure Fund ensures that deserving students such as Jim can join the Bonaventure family and carry the banner of excellence forward for the next generation.
You play a pivotal role in the lives of our youth, and your gift means everything to them.
Making a gift is easy
Call (716) 375-2301 or visit www.sbu.edu/donate for complete details and assistance.